Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Maturity

I'm not just growing, I am maturing. Here are some ways in which I am becoming a more mature, little girl:

  1. I can hold my head up, as you have seen.
  2. You've seen some evidence of rolling over, whether you believe it or not.
  3. You've seen the numbers, the facts about my weight and height.
  4. You may be able to tell that I am awake more often.
  5. I am also more alert and able to focus and engage which is helpful because I clearly know that my parents are trying to tell me something with these signs they make....I'm just not always sure what. (I just go along with whatever they give me until they really figure it out.)
  6. My legs are often straight now when I'm relaxing with my parents. Before they were bent most of the time, and I kicked them straight. Now they are straight, and I kick them.
  7. I am definitely gaining a bit of control of my limbs, my arms at the very least. I'm not so good on the fine motor -- you saw me looking for my thumb -- but I can get my hand into my mouth ... or around that area more of the time.
  8. My parents wonder if they are observing the first, earliest signs of the teething process or whether it's me growing. Here are some things on the checklist: increase in drool -- check (which leads to irritation around mouth from saliva -- check); wakefulness -- the past few days I have had trouble sleeping but I am doing pretty well today and in fact since my mama walked me in a sling for an an hour total of my almost two hour nap; starting to be more gummy -- I am chewing on the pacifier now when my parents are trying to get me to take it. (I don't, but I have started biting down a bit.)
  9. I am taking not just big girl pees but mature girl pees now sometimes, and I can definitely hold it till my parents take me to the potty (since they are on the lookout for the signs and are a little more quick on the uptake than they were in the beginning -- these things take time).
  10. I'm sure there are more, but I none are beating down the door just now.
So, what do you think? Am I becoming a more mature, little girl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Grandpa and I are very proud of you.

Kisses, Abuelita

TPS-SheilaP said...

Thanks! It's hard work, what with being so cute on top of it all. Can't wait till we get a chance to meet. Love you all.