Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Thoughts

So many changes are happening. My mama wonders if I'm going through a growth spurt, but then she always thinks that.

1. My eyelashes are definitely a bit longer.
2. Today, when my mama was pottying me, I saw my feet again. I stared at them for a while, and then I made them touch. That amazed me. I tried again. They did it again! I did that for a while. I'm not sure if I was actually doing that or they did that themselves, but it was pretty interesting. Then,
3. After nursing, during activity time when my mama and I were looking at each other, my mama said "Hi" and I said "Hi" and she said "Hi" again! I gave her a look of amazement that she understood what I was saying, or at least we made a connection. I had to do it again, and she did it again! Then I smiled away.

Speaking of smiling,
Again, when my mama was pottying me, we were looking at each other in the mirror and my mama said "Hi, Uma!" She always does that when she takes me potty. I smiled and laughed and shrieked my pleasure. When I looked at her again, she did it again and I smiled and laughed some more. I like these games we play.

Also, a not so clear gain, but I am definitely learning the sign for potty. Just a while ago, when I was nursing after I had been a while without peeing, my mama asked me if I wanted to go potty. I didn't want to leave my nurse session so I got upset. Then she asked if I wanted milk, which of course I did, so I calmed right down and opened my mouth and turned my head. Then, after we'd been talking for a while, I really did have to go potty so I was fussing. My mama asked me if I needed to go potty, which of course I did, so I calmed down and got that considering potty look on my face. She put me on the Baby Bjorn potty and I relieved myself. I have to say, sometimes this mama of mine has a clue....and boy does that make her happy.

No comments: