Thursday, July 22, 2010

Little Treehouse with Gaura, Vrinda, Revati, Kairava and Kirtan Sinha












I didn't wait long to get involved.


At first, I played by myself.


Everyone was standing up around me. I wanted to practice standing up a lot, too.


The "Tumble Room" was so much fun! It was my favorite because I could really go for things and push my physical boundaries.


For example: The Incline. Fortunately, this morning was the third time my mama tried to teach me to turn around when getting off the bed. I did really well and was incredibly responsive. I stopped at the edge, but I couldn't remember what to do next, how to turn around. My mama helped me, and as soon as she moved me a tiny bit I stuck my foot out looking for the ledge. I put my one foot close to the ledge and threw my other foot off. Then I tested out squatting and reaching out to the bedside dresser, but it was too far. When my mama saw what I wanted she put out her fingers for me to stand up. I stood up on the ledge and began walking over to the dresser. I put my hand on it, squatted a bit to get my foot off and put the other foot off (with my mama's help). Except for that first and last interventions plus the fingers to stand, my mama followed my lead to see what I would do. Boy did I surprise her! I really am learning fast, and that experience helped my mama feel more confident letting me test my strength and skills at the Treehouse.


One of the things I am learning from everyone I spend time with is how to talk. Today I really showed my mama that I am interested in talking by making real moves towards new sounds, which will soon be words!

No comments: