Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Busy Day of Learning and Loving

My mama and I went out on the town today. We dropped some homemade cream puffs off at my mama's friend Nica's house.

Then we went to see my friend Anjali! When I got there she was asleep and I met someone new--Luke!

I crawled around and was just going up the stairs....

....when Anjali woke up and came down!


Luke is half my age (I'm almost nine months!), and Anjali can sit up on her own, so I interacted more with her overall. While Anjali's mama got the table ready, I spent some time getting to know myself and him a bit better.







After lunch we played upstairs. I immediately gave her a kiss to show her I remembered her and like her, so she knows we are friends. I played gently and didn't make loud noises because last time I learned that Anjali doesn't feel so comfortable around my screeches and screams. My mama missed the actual first and best kiss, but she got these pictures and video of subsequent kisses. I really like Anjali.




Anjali isn't crawling yet, but I could tell she was trying to come chase me. I can't wait till we can play that game and so many more! After Luke woke up from his nap, I got to know him a little better. By the time we were ready to go, I liked him well enough to crawl over and give him a kiss goodbye while he was stuck in his carseat.

I then had another near miss with a nap. I woke up when we arrived at my friend Ami's house. Aunt Janelle, if you will recall, was at my birth and helped my mama from the time I was a pea in the pod. I remembered my friend Ami and wanted to kiss her, too. She is a lovey dove as well, and we got along swimmingly.

There was a boy named Jack there just one week older than me. He didn't like to crawl around and was more focused on the details of things nearby his mama, so we didn't interact too much. I did say hello to him and spoke to his mother a little.


I finally took a nice nap all the way home in the carseat and woke up just before arriving. I played with my daddy for a while and took a quick bath. [These baths are rather short now where they were once long, luxurious explorations. I am all adventure in the bath, my main goal being to stand on the edge of my tub while holding onto the ledge of the big people tub. I love this and do it easily, but it makes my parents nervous. They end the bath pretty quickly.] My mama patiently cuddled and loved me while she nursed me down. I only hurt her with my biting a little. I am starting to respond to her when she tells and signs to me that I am hurting her. She doesn't know why I bite, but I do start biting the swaddle or my fingers or fists.

I didn't take long to go to sleep because I had a wonderful, busy day of learning and loving.

2 comments:

Me said...

Luke enjoyed meeting Uma, also! His nana and daddy were very impressed that he was getting kisses at such a young age. I am looking forward to the fun age ahead, as Uma showed just how inquisitive she is at her age.

Very nice to finally meet you! I look forward to more lunches and chats in the future.

Nancy and Luke

JeremyDyen said...

That is so super-cute! I'm sorry I wasn't around to enjoy it. Uma is so mobile! Amazing! She'll be walking in the blink of an eye.

Oh, and those creampuffs were so good! I am thankful you guys didn't munch that last one. We gotta get the recipe for those. Are they easy to make?