Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Like Strawberries

I went to the grocery store with my mama today. I watched her getting this thing and that thing. I started getting itchy to have something to eat. My mama noticed my change in mood and asked/signed if I wanted to eat something. I said yes. She looked around for what to give me. An apple is fun, but it is too big and bulky for me to hold while shopping. She saw the strawberries and asked if I wanted a strawberry. I emphatically said yes, practically leaping out of the cart. I happily took a giant chunk out of it, munched on it and played with it for most of the trip, and started getting itchy again when my mama noticed and asked if I wanted more. I said yes, ate the next strawberry and told her again I wanted more, but she said we were checking out and going home.

I know how much to eat, too. Earlier in the day, my mama was eating a sandwich, and I looked at her longingly. She gave me a piece of cheese, having recognized how much I liked cheese the day before at the Treehouse. I asked for more and she gave me more. She saw I was done and was going to ask if I wanted some more when she saw me looking at my hand which was making the "all finished" sign. I then began happily playing with my toy.

No comments: