Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Things

I drank water today. I've been lunging after water for months. but today I actually swallowed. I even took a real sip! Yup, I certainly am learning new things.

I also have been paying close attention to what my parents do with their hands. For instance, my mama just played this game with me this morning for the first time. She touches her nose, then my nose, then her nose and so forth a couple times. While she's doing this, she says, "Mama's nose, Uma's nose, Mama's, nose..." Then she stops and asks, "Where's mama's nose?" The second time she did that game, I grabbed her nose. She did it again because she wasn't sure I did it on purpose, but I did it a second time. Then later, when we were with daddy, she did it again, and I showed my daddy what I could do. I learned that quickly!

2 comments:

Madhavi said...

So cool!! Anjali tried to sip my chai when I was at the tea room the other day. I whipped that away so fast - but I was in awe. I am also in awe of this wonderful outcome of the nose game. She is learning so fast!

JeremyDyen said...

That is very cool. It is so joyful, amazing and fascinating to see all of these new developments. go Uma!