Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sleep Changes

Now that my mama is home, I get to eat whenever I want. I like having her around. Now I get to be with both my parents. I like them both a whole lot, so that's my favorite. I am starting to be able to play alone for longer periods of time, and my play is more active. I work on sitting up and standing all the time. I am less and less interested in crawling and more and more insistent that I learn to stand. I watched Ami do a downward dog with straight legs and arms. That is how I stand up. I have to keep building strength, and I use play to do that. I am definitely an engaged and engaging little person, as many have told my mama within my hearing, and all that is a lot of work. I meet so many new people and see so many new things on walks and adventures. I am also exploring new foods. For instance, today I had some tasty cherries. I like food. So far, mild, deeply sweet fruits are my favorites--peach, apricot, plum, cherry. I do like other things a good deal though, such as avocado and banana. Food is fun, but also very stimulating. With eating and discovering foods, my active play, and getting more from and of my mama (who is a more relaxed and joyful person now she's done with going in to work), I either need or am able to sleep for longer periods of time. It could also be the oppressive, humid heat. I sleep a bit more fitfully, but I don't wake up fully. Instead, I trick my parents up the stairs only to show them that I can do it on my own. My mama is grateful to be able to cook and go to the garden store and relax while I am sleeping. Sometimes she sleeps with me. That is my favorite, even though it makes me ridiculously sweaty. If I had my way, I would have my parents nap with me all the time. Since it's so hot, I mostly sleep upstairs in the bed, though, while they watch me on the monitor. Whatever it is, I need sleep, and I am grateful that my parents let me sleep and eat when I want. Now that my family is back together, life is good.....

No comments: