Monday, May 31, 2010

First Foods

Well, I finally *ate* something. I have played around with food for a while, but I am ready to eat. I've been looking ready for a while, lunging about and such, but I wasn't ready to swallow. Yesterday, I really felt ready. I was lunging after my parents food so they gave me some. They were eating oatmeal with raisins and banana. That was the first banana I had that was cooked. It was nice and smooshy. I liked it. Then later we went to Natasha and Alex's house where Natasha, an excellent cook, made some things. My parents were eating, and again I told them I wanted some. Natasha had made guacamole, so my mama fished out a chunk of avocado and I ate that up and made her find more. Then, later, Natasha grilled up some veggies, including sweet potato. My mama broke off some of the soft part and gave it to me. I really liked that. So, now I've got three foods to eat. I have a couple more times of sweet potato before the next thing. My parents have squeezed blueberry and strawberry in my mouth, but I'm not ready to eat those.

I am growing in these subtle ways all the time. Sometimes I just come out with things, just to show my parents that they can't pin me down.

No comments: