Thursday, August 5, 2010

Making My Mama Laugh

I just took several hours to go down for a nap. My teeth are so close to coming out, it seems. At a happier point in that three hour tour I gave my mama, I made her laugh. I did it deliberately, over and over. Swaddled in the Woombie I can still move all around and get up on hands and knees. I do that all the time on my journey towards sleep, but now that I'm in a bed on the floor surrounded by wall on three sides there is more fun to be had. For instance, as my mama discovered today, I like to bonk my head lightly on the wall to make it make a sound. Today I did that, and my mama laughed. I looked at her with that delighted, wonder-filled look on my face. I tried again; she laughed. I had to have a couple gos to get that thud sound a time or two, but I did this several time, each time making her laugh. Little did she know I did that to ease the pain of the following two hours of teething sleeplessness.

No comments: