Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teeth?

My mama is hoping that my teeth are coming within the next day or two. I have spent much of the last two or three days with wakeful sleep. She thinks my teeth have been keeping me in light sleep because I wake at the slightest little creak. Strange, but this comes on the heels of almost a week of me being able to have my parents leave the room with me awake because I could get myself to sleep.

Currently, I have been screaming on and off for hours. It feels like the old days, the early days. Wakeful me screaming, desperate parents singing. My mama's singing will quiet me from screaming hysterically to the point of hyperventilation, but my daddy's chanting will stop me on a dime. I am suffering and will take little comfort, but it would seem I will take that one comfort. So, bouncing and swaying in the old mei tai sling listening to my daddy's chanting voice....that's where I'll continue tonight's journey towards actual sleep.

1 comment:

Me said...

Oh, little Uma, I hope you get those teeth soon! What a strange sensation in your mouth. I bet it's a bit frightening.

Good luck to you, mama and papa. I bet it's tough on you, too! I hope you see those teeth very soon!