Monday, April 5, 2010

Reassuring Independence

My mama goes back to work today. My daddy has a big job taking care of me and getting me to my mama as much as possible during the week, including lunch every day, so I can nurse more and have less bottle for my mama to pump. Just to make her understand that I'm getting to be a big girl, I fell asleep on my own last night. She nursed me and played with me and nursed me some more. I seemed to fall asleep, but I woke up when she put me down, quite cheery. (Of course, I just had the longest nap in a long time just before that -- had a couple of long naps the last couple of days....maybe that homeopathic teething remedy is working?) I rolled around and did what I do to entertain myself since I was alone. Fussed once or twice, nothing big, and had my parents staring at the monitor to make sure I was ok because I wasn't moving ... I was asleep! This made both my parents happy, that I felt safe enough and was capable enough to do that without them having to push me to. I don't do this all the time, but I am showing them that I am growing more independent all the time!

1 comment:

JeremyDyen said...

I was thinking of you guys a lot yesterday and today, knowing this is a big transition for all of you with Sheila back at work today. I hope all is going well. As always, I love reading the updates and look forward to in persons ones!
Much love.
jeremy