Monday, April 12, 2010

I Saw the Sign

No, says my mama, not the Ace of Base song. She saw me sign potty while she was on the phone with my mamuma. My potty sign is more like a fist with my thumb out in front rather than in between my finger like "t" for toilet. Anyway, she signed and told me we were going to the potty, but then we had to stand around for minutes waiting. When we got in there I didn't pee, which tricked my mama into thinking she didn't see the sign. Just after she was about to give up but didn't because I looked familiarly fussy, I pooped. 


This just confirmed that I am, in fact, signing like my daddy said I am. Friday he told my mama I signed milk and potty to him. This was her chance to see for herself. 


I do seem to sign fairly often with just those two signs, but I still use my other signal for those and lot of other things. I definitely know sleep, especially if they show me the sling. I also know jump. I am recognizing "bunny" because my zofta got me a little rabbit to chew on...well, that's what I like to do with him.


My family is excited to be on this signing journey together. My parents are loving the experience of closed loops of communication. I like that I can finally tell them what to do. There will be much more of this in the future.

No comments: