Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Whatever It Takes

Mamas and papas hold a deep love for their children, one that goes beyond rational thought into instinctual intuition. I slept easily last night at the very first, but I woke up after a bit and needed some reassurance. It took me a while to soothe myself to sleep. In the end, though, I slept over eight hours, woke up, ate, chilled with my mama and went back to sleep for another four and a half hours. I guess bath time didn't make as much difference as it could. I am spending more time crying because I'm not being nursed to sleep anymore. My parents are there with me, letting me know I'm safe and they'll be there when I wake up. It's still hard and scary, though, for them and for me.

As I was saying about parental love, not only do they have to watch helplessly as tiny tears roll down my little cheeks, but they also have to love me no matter what, even if I poop on them. This is how I know my mama really loves me. Unfortunately for her, that doesn't keep me from crying when it's time for me to go to sleep on my own.

No comments: