Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Curveballs

Today my new friend Olivia came over with her parents Justin and Darla from the home birth childbirth class my parents took. More on them to come, but I had my first family play date, a rather exciting adventure. I cried in the beginning because it was just at the time I was going to go to sleep. I did a good bit of crying actually, when I wasn't sleeping or nursing, but usually when I was tired and trying to go to sleep. Having friends over is very stimulating. Olivia and I even got some tummy time together, so I still worked on holding my head up. I held it up the highest and steadiest ever!

The point is, I was a tired bunny. My mama, as you know, is trying to move up bath time. She would have shot for 7:00 but we were having such a good time on our play date that I didn't end up going to the potty till close to 8:00 again. When bath time came, though -- no hot water! So, I didn't get my bath. Instead, I got swaddled and ate some food. I was really sleepy anyway. After a good nurse, my mama put me down on the sheepskin, covered me with the wool blankets, turned on the video monitor and left the room. I slept for a few minutes, fussed for a few with my mama's voice telling me that I would be ok. Then she left me on my own to get myself to sleep. I looked around and open and closed my eyes for over twenty more minutes, by myself. I ended up going to sleep at the same time as last night. My mama is waiting to see how I do with getting thrown a curveball with the no hot water thing. How important is bath time? We will see by tomorrow morning!

No comments: