Monday, December 14, 2009

Outings Galore!

Yesterday I went to a Mother Blessing for Janelle, the midwife who handed me to my mama at my birth. She will have a little one soon herself! I am so grateful for all she taught my mama in the home birth childbirth class (with the folks from the reunion I went to last week). She helped my entry into this world be smooth and positive for me and my family. She gave my mama the courage and confidence she needed to help make the birth pain-free experience that it was (except for the pushing--good thing my head wasn't bigger, my mama says). Anyway, my mama and I went to bless Janelle and her birth into motherhood.
Christy (my mama's midwife from the first pregnancy and the woman who introduce my mama to her friend and midwife Meredith) and Itzela (my EC pal) were there.

Then, we hopped over to Jeremy and Madhavi's baby shower. Their little one is due in February. I can't wait because we're going to form a little musical group with training from our daddies. My mama forgot to take pictures there so we'll have to update this entry with photos of the gorgeous mama-to-be, joyful papa and baby bump.

2 comments:

Madhavi said...

We forgot to take pictures too! I am regretting it now.. So glad you got to come. You look awesome, Uma is precious. M x

TPS-SheilaP said...

we'll just have to come over again because i need to take pictures of your nursery. it was GORGEOUS!!! i cannot believe that you can and did do all that creative sewing and crafting. amazing! you are going to be the coolest mom around!!! maybe if we meet up for dinner we can stop by and take some pictures, drop off the gift we bought you and then go eat. how does that sound?