Monday, November 1, 2010

Wakeful Walk

I was getting sleepy and fussy and my teeth were hurting. My mama came home early because she didn't have any afternoon parent conferences, and I have been needing her a lot these last few days. We went on a walk in the cool, fall weather. I love walks. My teeth still hurt and I fussed, but I loved the walk. We didn't take the dogs so I got to stop and talk with my mama about things. She showed me trees (not the sign, but the word, because she didn't learn the sign till we got back). I loved the trees. I pointed them out when we saw them. Sometimes I said "ee." My mama stopped and let me touch the bark of a maple and the bark of a sycamore. They were both so warm from an afternoon of the sun's rays. We ran into the little (now hefty) bull dog that lives down the road. Mama took me out but I didn't walk any closer. I just looked in complete fascination. When we were gone I said, "Dog" out loud very clearly and signed so my mama knew I liked stopping to talk to the dog. Then when we walked by the house where we always see him sitting (we ran into him on his walk instead of in front of the house for the first time in a whole year!), I signed dog and pointed, but there was no dog. It was a good walk. A bit chilly by the end, but I so loved to be with my mama and be outside.

No comments: