Friday, February 19, 2010

First Day of School

My mama went into work yesterday for meetings. She took me with her. I was an angel baby, if I do say so myself. I was calm in the car and waited while a bunch of people came to stare at me. Then I started crying because I had to potty, but my mama couldn't get away to take me. I went into Carlye's office to meet her. She was taken with me, of course. I ate some food and hung out with Carlye while my mama put on the sling. Mama popped me in there and walked around while poor Carlye had to look back and forth tennis match style during their conversation. I fell asleep without complaint. Here is where I gave my mama a great, big surprise. I slept through both meetings -- two hours! I woke up just after the second meeting had ended. My mama was so grateful to be able to focus on the meeting. She just stood around and walked a bit now and again. It was a good time. Everyone liked seeing me. I did well with all the new faces and smiled a good deal. Then I fell asleep without fuss on the way home after another, more secret nurse session. I was such a good girl for my first day of school!

No comments: