Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crystal Clear

Communication is important to me. That is why I am so chatty. I have certainly stepped up the chattiness this past week. Seems like every day my parents say they hear a new sound escape from my lips. They just melt and sometimes cry, though I'm not sure why.


As you know my parents are communicating with me through signs. There have been advances in that area as well. The past couple of days I will look intently at the sign my parents are making. Sometimes I spend a long time staring straight at the sign, watching while my mama does a sign like opening and closing her fist (milk--like milking a cow). Today I looked and opened my fingers till they were straight and curled them back. My parents are positive these hand movements are anything to get excited about (though they do), but I am certainly aware that my parents are telling me something and I know there are different signs now too. I watch each one, but milk I know the best, and it's easiest. Of course, all this is when  am not so upset that my eyes are shut or I am distracted by my pressing need.

No comments: