Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The New Facts

We went to the pediatrician today for the four month visit.

If you recall, my head at two weeks put me in the .05% for circumference. I was 18% for length and 2.5% for weight.

Now, I am a big girl and have moved ahead in the standings. I'm 8% for head, 44% for length, and 15% for weight. I am now 12 pounds 2.5 ounces, just a bit over two feet long and 15.5 inches around the head.

I gained a pound in the last ten days. You might think that is a good thing, but it might actually be caused by me not getting enough of that fatty milk. Yup, same problem I had in the beginning of life. My mama probably had an oversupply, but she also had an overactive letdown. Some of the symptoms of oversupply are gassiness and rapid weight gain. I have both of those. We're going back to the Glenside Breastfeeding Resource Center where I was last weighed to get a more accurate reading (same scale) and talk about what might be going on and what to think about with my mama going back to work and pumping. 

Despite my mama and I working this out still, I am happy as ever and developing well. YAY ME!




2 comments:

Madhavi said...

Cute pic with the hat covering her eyes!!

I might have an overactive letdown too. I'm not sure. It hurts alot when the letdown occurs. I'm consulting Mer.

Lala said...

this is a ridiculously cute set of photos!