Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm a Big Girl Now

I have grown so much over the last few weeks. My mama can hardly keep up!

1. I have one tooth peeking out on the bottom with its adjacent companion just under the surface along with the top teeth straining painfully.
2. I understand a whole lot of language and mimic much more than ever. I like to use the new words I know as often as I can -- baby, hot. I try to say whole sentence things like "Mama, read me a book."
3. Clothing is becoming more clear to me. My mama is trying out a clothing station. So far, I like to dump things out, but I have chosen some socks to wear.
4. I am gaining sleep independence. I am starting to wean myself off the swaddle. I get my arms out most of the time, unless I am feeling like some comfort and closeness. Today my mama had a snow day and has been putting me down without swaddling me. She leaves the door ajar so I can get off the bed and come out when I am ready. I took my time walking down the hall to my mama's arms, but she was happy to see that I was confident enough to get out of bed and out of the rooms on my own. These are major steps towards the independence she wants for me to feel when I am ready....and apparently, I am!

No comments: