Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Developments

The other day I was playing around when I saw the stair gate was open. I scooted on over there and put my hands up on the step in readiness. Then I thought I should tell someone first, so I looked for my mama and there she was asking if I wanted to climb the stairs. "Yes, I do," I thought. And I did. All the way up. One by one, quickly at first, just like big people climb stairs one after the other, not all legs on one step before tackling the next. Then I got a bit tired so I slowed down. I was going pretty slow at the top, but I made it! I crawled around a bit and sat in a heap near the edge of the top. My mama thought that meant maybe I was giving up on coming down. Really I was just trying to get back into position to come down. I stuck my legs out and scooted till I was sitting on the first step with my legs dangling and my toes touching. Then I carefully roll over on to my belly so my hands are under me. Then I can just reach with one leg and put my toes down. I did that over and over, one by one, till I was all the way down. Whoop! Up the stairs! Zoop! Down the stairs! What an accomplishment!

I remember months ago when Olivia was first pointing at everything. Well, I'm on the job now. I have pointing parties all the time. Mama and I do "ET phone home" all the time.

Another development is not so pleasing or amusing but will pass quickly. My mama got sick from school germies, and now I am not feeling my best either. I am stuffy and had a fever. My mama got out the old Snugglewool and kept me warm and nursing. My fever broke after a few hours. I am and have been doing very well, though, mostly my usual self. I'm glad I have my mama to comfort me, because that's what I need the most.

After waking without a fever for the first time in hours, I tested out a new sound--a gurgly sound like Malcolm makes. It was fun! My mama loves Malcolm's sound and is wondering if this one will stick around.

Finally, not so new but still, my mama realized that I have signed many different signs over the time: milk, potty, all finished, up, poop, dog, book, more....and more to come!

1 comment:

Madhavi said...

THAT is so fantastic! I cant wait to see her tomorrow and see the skills. Looking forward....