Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Developments

1. I played the recorder for the first time yesterday! I have been handing it to daddy or mama to blow in because I love the sound. When I tried to blow in it myself, I make the noise with my mouth and blow, but nothing happened in the recorder. Yesterday, I blew in the hole at the top, and it made the beautiful sound! I was thrilled and played and played.

2. I signed friend yesterday. Now that I'm older, when my mama signs something new, I am staring right at the sign and trying it right away. She started to sign friend to me more over the last week or two. With daddy, I have signed some hand holding version. Last night, with Aunt Natasha and Kelly, I was feeling fussy, so my mama picked me up and showed me the photos she was posting of me. She showed me eating an apple, figuring out broccoli, and then a picture of my "friend" (sign) Malcolm and I  eating oranges and more photos. She went on to do something else. I got fussy and pointed to the screen. She showed me the pictures of me. I smiled excitedly, and signed friend with my fingers! They were all surprised, and my mama scrolled to the picture to confirm that was what I wanted. I pointed and signed friend because I love my friend Malcolm!

3. Each morning my daddy and I go to the bathroom, and I poop there on my potty while my daddy goes to the potty on his potty. I poop on the potty most often now, unless I get caught in the carseat when we run errands.

4. I love to sing and dance. I brought back my interest in Mamama's Konkani song, a personalized version of the one my Papa's sister taught me. I do the hand movements and sing the first couple of syllables. Also, when my parents play music, I stomp my left foot and move my arms and torso left and right, or I bend my knees and bounce. Always in rhythm!

My mama and daddy are overflowing with love for me when I do these things. How do I know? They won't stop kissing me! Luckily, I don't mind kisses so much as I did, and I give them wet, soppy kisses regularly. We are having a good time together over here. I love my family!

No comments: