Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Thoughts on Parenting

Parenting is not a glamorous job, but it has its rewards. If you are the kind of person who finds themselves saying TMI (too much information) on a regular basis, STOP reading here.

After two days with no poo inspite of my frequent nursing, my parents were forced to give me a glycerin enema to relieve my constipation. In retrospect, this is probably why I've been having crying fits and why my belly has been so uncomfortable. My parents did not want to do this. They waited to see if I could do it on my own, but I couldn't.

Thankfully, they did help me. Turns out that despite my record 14 meconium poos in my first day and a half I had a good amount of it left. While getting (or giving) an enema is, as I said, in no way glamorous, it worked its wonders instantaneously. In fact, having only narrowly missed the "cannonball" (which truly would have been a horrendous event since he has a beard), my daddy now likes to call me bum cannon.

Like I told you, though, with the lack of glamour comes great rewards. Not only will my jaundice most likely clear up quickly for good, but I gave my parents the reward of a long, peaceful night of sleep with fuss-free nurse sessions. We are all happy....me probably most of all.

1 comment:

eva said...

yay for poop!! having constipated little ones is NOT fun!