Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Language

I am developing my language skills. My parents are continually surprised for some reason. This weekend I started trying out the word "will" and the future tense. I sometimes emphasized the word when speaking to mama just so she noticed. When I watched my friends play fun music for children I stood still, watched their mouths intently and mouthed along with them. I also looked at a sign on a board the said a bunch of things written on it. I said "Good Night" and pointed the word "Midnight" on the sign. I read the book Pelitos to my mama, although I do a more accurate job of reading the What Does Baby Say book. I talk a LOT and am able to tell stories now with multiple sentences, like when I told my mamamma about the camping trip in a phone message daddy and I left. Sometimes I talk a lot and my parents are not sure what I am saying. They repeat what they think they hear me say. When they get it right, sometimes I smile and say "Yup!" or "Yes!" emphatically. It feels good to be understood.

No comments: