Monday, December 12, 2011

Trip to Morris Arboretum

We went to Morris Arboretum recently, a beautiful place. It was a wildly exciting time.

We started out by playing a big bell. Then we went over a bridge and found a giant bird nest! With three robin eggs in it! I wanted to open them, but they would not open. 

After that we found a stump garden. So fun to climb!

There were lots of paths to balance on. I practiced as much as I could. I did get better at it, too!

We came to a grate. I was intrigued, but I was scared (as I told mama). She walked on it, and I saw it was safe. Still, I was scared and didn't walk on it.

There was a little patch of giant redwoods near some striking orange berries. Look how small I look!

Under the redwoods we found some deer poop. I was very interested in this. That same tree had a little hole at the base. My mama said maybe an animal lives in there. I told her that the animal went to go see its mama and daddy.

Then we ran into a HUGE frog! I was scared of this frog at first. My mama gave it some lovings, though, and then I decided to touch it. Then I felt more comfortable going around to the back and touching the frog there. After that I realized the frog was hungry, so I offered him some food.

I was feeling a bit more confident after all that adventuring and exploring. I saw another grate and decided I would be brave and try walking on it. I did it! No problem!

When we walked on, peeking in a log cabin from 1908, we saw some ducks! I watched and watched. We had to "be quiet" so we didn't scare the ducks.

My mama suggested we find a sunny spot and have some snacks. We sat down together and shared some apples and sesame sticks. We talked about feelings, and we went over the things we had seen.

Our last stop was the trains. There were tracks all around and decorated houses. There were moving gondolas and a tall bridge and tunnels. I was tired and mama said we were going soon, but I could have stood there and watched for a lot longer.

I really liked this place. I can't wait to go back and explore all the things I saw and all the things I didn't!


1 comment:

ettel said...

you got some fabulous pics. can't wait to take uma there myself. did you become a member yet?