Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rain Adventure

Today it was hot and muggy when we went to the farmers' market. It rained and stopped twice. Then rained again. Mama and I were inside kind of ready to move on from eating and dancing about to daddy's music. Mama asked me if I wanted to go outside in the rain. I said yes. She opened the door for me, and I stepped out. The first drips on my head had me saying, "Oh no!" I was excited though, and my mama told me I would get wet in the rain. It was actually a lot of fun. I walked to the sidewalk and back. Got nice and wet and intrigued by the stream of water rushing by the curb. I wanted more.



My mama turned off the camera and came with me on a walk down the sidewalk a bit and back. We stopped and looked at some spiky flowers, looked for bugs ("no, no bugs!"), and marveled at the water rushing again. I found a leaf, and said so, and my mama said I should throw it in the rushing water and see what happened. So I did. It rushed away so fast! I did that with a few more leaves. Some got stuck and a few flowed past bumpily. We started back (me reluctantly, my mama tempting me with a bunny hunt). After a bit, we stopped because mama heard a bird. I heard it too and signed so (my mama having just reminded me of the signs). I turned around and there was the bird on the branch. I stood mesmerized listening to it's chirping song. Then I moved to get closer, climbing up on the mound where the tree grew. The bird's song turned more intense; my mama said the bird was scared now because I was too close. ("scared?") We left and continued on only to find treasure! Acorns! I grabbed as many in each hand as I could and held them carefully all the way home.




In fact, I was entirely upset that my mama took them from me while she gave me a warm bath and got me dressed in warm clothes. I have the acorns again now, though, to enjoy playing with. "I see a cah-corn (popcorn)" What an adventure!


No comments: